M&Ms SUMMER MUSIC CONTEST (the “Contest”) Official Rules (the “Rules”) to win the Grand Prize
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Must be age of majority in their province/territory of residence and a resident of Canada to participate. During the Contest Period, consumers can visit https://MMSMusicContest.ca or scan a QR code to access the Contest website and complete a form to be awarded one entry.
- SPONSOR/ADMINISTRATORS: This Contest is sponsored by Mars Canada Incorporated (the “Contest Sponsor”) and the Contest is being administered on behalf of the Contest Sponsor by MARS-Philter, Inc., d/b/a the Mars Agency ,and Elite Digital Inc. (the “Contest Administrators” or “Administrators”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to residents of Canada who are age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, who are not an employee, contractor, agent or representative of the Contest Sponsor or Contest Administrators, or their affiliates, agencies, distribution companies, prize suppliers, the Contest judge or (collectively the “Contest Parties”), or a member of the immediate family (parent, spouse, sibling, child) of, or domiciled with any of the foregoing persons.
To be eligible, participants must have online access with a valid email address as of the date of their entry. Each person can only be entered once per calendar day. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period between 12:00 am ET and 11:59:59 pm ET of the same day, except for the first day of the Contest, June 10, 2022, which shall begin at 12:00 pm ET and end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET of the same day. If the identity of an entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the email address by an online service provider, Internet access provider or other organization responsible for assigning the email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address is considered the authorized account holder. An entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor or the Administrators with proof that they are the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
If you participate via a mobile device, you may incur standard data charges from your wireless service provider. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such data charges. If you do not have Internet access via a personal computer, your local library or Internet café may be able to provide access to the Internet and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free email accounts.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Contest starts on June 10, 2022, at 12:00 pm (noon) Eastern Time (“ET”), and Contest closes August 15, 2022, at 11:59:59 pm ET (the “Contest Period”).
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Purchase is not required and does not enhance a person’s chances of winning.
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST FOR THE GRAND PRIZE: During the Contest Period,
(i) Visit https://MMSMusicContest.ca and fully complete the Contest entry form to receive one entry into the Contest; or
(ii) Scan the QR code to access the contest website and fully complete the Contest entry form to receive one entry into the Contest
All entries must be properly received and recorded by Elite Digital Inc.'s computer within the Contest Period in order to be eligible to receive an entry.
No other form of submitting an entry is valid other than as stated above. Multiple participants may not share the same email address. Participants may not enter with multiple email addresses, nor may participants use any other device to enter under multiple identities. Any participant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses or accounts under multiple identities will be disqualified and forfeits any prize won, in the Administrators’ sole discretion. Moreover, Administrators reserve the right to disqualify any individual from further participation in the Contest if Administrators conclude, in their sole discretion, that such person: (a) has attempted to tamper with the entry process or other operation of the Contest; (b) has failed to comply with or has attempted to circumvent these Rules; (c) has committed fraud or attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest; or (d) has acted toward Administrators, Contest Parties or any participant in an unfair, inequitable, annoying, threatening, disrupting, or harassing manner. If a dispute arises regarding compliance with these Rules, Administrators may consider, in their sole discretion, data reasonably available to Administrators through information technology systems in Administrators’ control, but Administrators will not be obligated to consider any data or other information collected from any other source.
- HOW TO WIN: A random draw will be conducted on August 16, 2022 at 2:00 pm ET at 5511 Steeles Avenue West, Toronto, ON from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period to select one (1) entrant eligible to win a Grand Prize (see Rule 7) (the “Grand Prize Draw”). Odds of winning a Grand Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The entrant selected as eligible to win a Grand Prize will be notified by email within three (3) business days following the draw. Please see the additional prize conditions in Rule 7 for conditions applicable to the Grand Prizes.
No responsibility is assumed by the Contest Parties for any inability of a potential entrant to successfully enter any Draw for any reason or for the Grand Prize that remains unclaimed or unawarded. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled, illegible or incomplete No Purchase requests. Proof of transmission (e.g., screenshots) does not constitute proof of receipt.
See “How To Claim a Prize” for further information.
- PRIZES: There is one (1) Grand Prize (“Grand Prize”) available to be won during the Contest. Once the total number of prizes have been distributed, no further prizes will be available. All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will more prizes be awarded than are provided for in the Rules. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-transferable and non-redeemable for cash. No substitutions, except by the Contest Sponsor or Administrators, who reserve the right to substitute a prize with a prize of equal or greater value. Awarding of a prize is subject to verification and compliance with the Rules. Entrants who have not complied with the Rules will be disqualified. Neither Contest Sponsor nor Administrators make any representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize. Neither the Contest Sponsor nor the Administrators are responsible for any Prize once it has been sent or delivered. Any unclaimed prize will not be awarded. Prize may be forfeited if verification cannot be affected following reasonable efforts by Administrators. Limit of one (1) prize per person during the Contest Period.
The Grand Prize includes:
- (2) VIP Tickets to Rolling Loud Festival (“Festival”) at Ontario Place in Toronto, ON scheduled to take place on September 9-11, 2022 | $1,400
- 10 Meal Tickets per person**- 20 Meal Tickets| $200
- Merch Packs* 2 | $1,000
- $1,500 Airfare Credit, OR Cash if winner is local
- 4 Night Stay at Hotel in Toronto | $2,000
- $500 Ride Share App Gift Card
*The Content of the merchandize package is at Live Nation’s sole discretion and subject to change.
** Each meal tickets (“Voucher”) is redeemable for food and non-alcoholic beverage only at Rolling Loud Festival at Ontario Place in Toronto, ON (“Festival”). Each Voucher is a one-time use only Voucher good toward $15.00-off final meal purchase. Voucher valid on September 9, 2022 to September 11, 2022 only. Voucher is not redeemable for taxes, merchandise, tickets, gratuities, gift card purchases, cash or credit. dost or stolen Voucher will not be replaced. Voucher cannot be combined with any other coupons, unless specifically stated here in. Voucher may not be used in connection with any marketing, advertising or promotional activities. Festival reserves the right to cancel this Voucher if it believes that the Voucher was obtained through fraudulent or unauthorized means. If the Voucher holder's purchase exceeds the amount of that Voucher's balance, the Voucher holder must either pay with same type of Voucher, if available or must pay the difference by other means. Voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or credit, except as required by law. No Cash Value or Cash Back. Not for sale or resale.
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is CAD$6,600 (six thousand six hundred dollars).
For All Festival Prizes:
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE:
If you are selected as a potential Grand Prize winner, you will be sent an email to the email address associated with your entry informing you that you are a potential winner (the “Grand Prize Claim Notification”).
In order to claim a Grand Prize, within three (3) business days from the Grand Prize Claim Notification at the email provided, regardless of when it is received:
- the potential winner must claim his/her Prize as instructed in the Prize Claim Notification;
- the potential winner will be required to correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, which will be administered on the PDF Declaration of Compliance and Release
- the potential winner must sign and accept the terms of a Declaration of Compliance and Release, which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Sponsor and Administrators from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use and misuse of any Prize; and
- the potential winner must supply his/her complete mailing address
- the potential winner may be asked to supply valid photo identification
Once these steps have been completed, the Contest Administrators’ designated agent will confirm the potential winner as a verified Grand Prize winner. The Grand Prize will be delivered by mail or electronically within 2 – 3 weeks once you have been verified and have complied with these Rules. Grand Prize may only be delivered within Canada and cannot be delivered to a PO box.
If a potential prize winner of a Grand Prize does not respond to the Prize Claim Notification within three (3) business days to complete the prize claim process as outlined above, is found to be ineligible for any reason, declines to accept the prize, or incorrectly answers the required mathematical skill-testing question, the potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. The Administrators may then, at their sole and absolute discretion, select another eligible entrant for the Grand Prize and who will be subject to disqualification in the same manner. The Contest Parties will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify any potential winner.
Winner is responsible for all gratuities, transportation, lodging, and any other incidental costs or expenses not identified in these Official Rules. Contest Parties are not responsible if the Rolling Loud concert is delayed, postponed, or canceled for any reason, including, but not limited to, federal, provincial and/or local laws, rules and restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The winner agrees that he/she will participate in all COVID-19 protocols established by the host of the Rolling Loud concert, which may include, but is not limited to, social distancing measures, wearing of masks, and/or consenting to COVID-19 testing. The Contest Parties will have no liability and will not be required to award the Grand Prize if a winner or guest tests positive for COVID-19, is unwilling or unable to participate in the set protocols. Winner will not receive compensation from Contest Parties or Administrators for tickets that the winner is unable to use due to cancellation of the Rolling Loud concert, but tickets may be subject to standard rain-check policies and procedures set by the issuer. Winner agrees that Rolling Loud concert admission is awarded pursuant to a revocable, non-transferable license that is personal to that applicable winner, and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated, or otherwise conveyed.
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating in this Contest, participant accepts and agrees to these Rules and all decisions of the Contest judges (who may be employees, agents or independent contractors of the Contest Sponsor or Administrators), which shall be final and legally binding on entrant in all matters relating to this Contest. All entries become the property of the Administrators and will not be returned. In order to be confirmed a winner and receive any prize, the selected entrant will be required to sign and accept the Contest Sponsors’ Declaration of Compliance and Prize Release form which confirms compliance with these Rules and releases the Contest Parties, Festival Entities or Live Nation from all liability with respect to the entrant’s participation in this Contest and the awarding, use/misuse of any prize. Winners agree to the use of their name, image, likeness, persona, and city/province of residence for publicity purposes, and grants to the Administrators any and all rights to said use without further notice or compensation. The Contest Sponsor, Administrators and their respective affiliates are not responsible for printing, technical errors, distribution, or production errors. The Contest Parties do not warrant that access to or use of the Contest will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- EVENTS INTERFERING WITH CONTEST ADMINISTRATION:
- Termination, Modification or Suspension: The Administrators may, at their sole discretion and without liability to Contest entrants, terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or modify or suspend the Contest at any time without notice in the event any of the following situations arise in their sole opinion: any impedance or prevention of the Administrators to administer the Contest as planned or intended by an event beyond the Administrators’ control, including but not limited to an act of God, fire, flood, COVID-19, natural or manmade epidemic or crisis, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, telecommunications equipment failure, utility-related disruptions, software viruses, software bugs, computer programming errors, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), any federal, provincial, territorial or local government law, order or regulation, public health crisis, pandemic, the order of any court or jurisdiction, or by any other cause not reasonably within the Administrators’ control. Without restricting the generality of the foregoing, if for any reason more entrants receive notification of eligibility to win a prize than the number of prizes stated herein, the Administrators and Contest Sponsor reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Contest in whole or in part, or amend or suspend it and award only the number of prizes stated in these Rules via a random drawing for the prizes not yet distributed at the time the Contest is terminated, suspended or amended.
- Procedure upon Early Termination: In the event of early termination of the Contest, a notice will be posted online and a random drawing to award the prize(s) will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to the time of termination. In no event will the number of prizes awarded exceed the available number of prizes as specified in these Rules.
- RELEASE: By participating in this Contest, all participants/entrants and winners declare that they have read, understood and complied with the Rules, and for winners, consent to the use of their name, biographical information and/or likeness for the purposes of advertising and promotion without further compensation, agree to abide by all decisions by the Contest Sponsor (which are final), and agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the, Insomniac Holdings, LLC, Rolling Loud, LLC, BZTC LLC, Live Nation Ontario Concerts GP Inc., (“Festival Entities”), Live Nation Canada, Inc. (“Live Nation”), Contest Sponsor, Contest Parties, and each of their parents, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, professional advisors, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, injuries, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participant’s participation in this Contest and/or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse any prize awarded.
- GENERAL: All decisions of the Administrators shall be final. Administrators are not responsible for errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to, errors in the advertising, the Contest Rules, selection of the winners or the distribution of any prize. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, municipal and local laws. The Administrators reserve the right to modify or terminate this Contest at any time without notice to participants.
- RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity Contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- RESIDENTS OF CANADA, EXCLUDING QUEBEC: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
- CONFLICTS/DISCREPANCIES: In the event of a conflict between any Contest details contained in these Rules and any Contest details contained in Contest advertising materials (including, but not limited to, online, point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Rules shall prevail. Any failure by Administrators to enforce any of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of such Rules.
- INVALIDITY: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
Live Nation and Festival Entities are not Sponsors of the Contest, and are in no way responsible for the administration of the Contest, the verification of winners or the fulfillment of prizing. All inquiries regarding the Contest should be direct to Administrators.
Live Nation is a registered trademark of Live Nation Worldwide Inc.
Rolling Loud is a registered trademark of Rolling Loud, LLC